About Gail Morgan
How to create a simple stylish wardrobe
I am a strong advocate of creating a simple, stylish wardrobe so that you have the time and energy to do the things that you want to do. It’s not just about fashion but about understanding and nailing your own personal style and I am here to help you find it……
I have been interested in clothes and fashion for as long as I can remember – I still have a book of the “designs” that I created when I was eight years old! However I soon realised that I didn’t have the artistic talent to become a fashion designer…. So I focussed on working in fashion retail with a variety of part-time jobs in different stores (Marks and Spencer, John Lewis, Miss Selfridge) and eventually a place on a graduate retail management programme with C&A. I loved the variety of the job but when I found out I was pregnant with my son I knew I didn’t want to go back to the long hours of store management – so what to do?
A couple of years earlier my Mum had “had her colours done” and it had made an amazing difference to her life and wardrobe, as well as her confidence in choosing clothes. I was fascinated by this and after some investigation decided to train to become an image consultant so that I could work around my family and build my own business – definitely the best thing I ever did!
Being a style consultant might not seem like rocket science but sharing my knowledge and expertise I can make an incredible difference to both your self-esteem and confidence.
Over the past 28 years I have been privileged to work with thousands of fantastic clients
I am proud to have achieved the following.
- Currently one of only 5 image consultants in the World to be certified on both sides of the Atlantic – you can be assured that I know what I am talking about.
- Past President of our UK based Profession Body – The Federation of Image Professionals International (FIPI)
- Assessor for the FIPI Master’s Award in Image Consultancy
- Currently on the International Board of the USA based AICI – Association of Image Consultants International
- Consultant Fashion Advisor for John Lewis in a number of their UK stores – real hands on experience helping both Men and Women find great clothes; as well as organising and presenting fashion shows and events. I worked in their Bluewater, Peter Jones and Oxford Street stores and trained new Fashion Advisors in their Cambridge, Southampton and Norwich stores.
- An NLP Master Practitioner and MBTI Step I & Step II Practitioner – I use this knowledge when working with my clients to help me really understand how they want to be seen and what they need from their clothes. This coaching approach works brilliantly during the Style Shift Days and with my VIP clients.
- Creator of the accredited Study in Style Training Courses, training future Image Consultants and Personal Stylists and inspiring them to set up their own style businesses
- Corporate Trainer demonstrating the importance of First Impressions and Personal Branding to a range of different organisations from the NHS and Universities to Rentokil and HSBC
- Speaker and presenter delivering a variety of style based workshops
- Appeared on TV and radio, as well as writing for numerous magazines, newspapers and online publications
BUT I am happiest when I’m sharing my knowledge and helping busy professionals like you, feel more comfortable and confident with their clothes and their wardrobes.
I can assure you that I’ve been through the ‘learning process’ too … in the past I didn’t always get it right – I did live and work through the 1980s!!
What you will get when working with me…
- No fashionista BS!
- Clear, professional guidance and practical tips
- Clothes in your wardrobe that you love – getting dressed should be enjoyable!
- A Simple Wardrobe – dressing doesn’t need to be complicated
- Less stress
- More time
Click here to find out why having a Simple Wardrobe can revolutionise your life.
I have appeared on or written for numerous media, including the following
Not ready to talk yet?
That’s fine, I understand you want to get to know me better,
If you would like to discover the 5 key elements that I believe ever successful wardrobe should contain, just click on the button to receive your free wardrobe checklist.