After a couple of years of stagnation in the fashion and retail world, the dust is settling from the impact of all things covid and this season there are some shifts in trends for us to look out for in the shops.
The stores are feeling more confident to introduce new styles and shapes as we return to “normality”. We all know that dress codes have changed at work, and these will continue to evolve with hybrid working. As a rule, styles have become less formal, but this doesn’t mean we should look less professional!
The top Autumn Winter Fashion Trends 2022
The following list is my synopsis of various magazine and newspaper articles…
- Nostalgia for the 1990s – lots of trends from the 1990s like satin skirts, bomber jackets – simple and minimal.
- Biker chic – biker jackets will be everywhere in leather and other fabrics
- Chunky shoes – mainly boots and loafers (some may see these as ugly, but they will be comfortable!)
- Bright rainbow colours – especially fuchsia
- Plain white vest tops – the perfect layer to act as a buffer for everything else
- Maxi skirts
- Ultra mini skirts
- High waisted wide legged trousers
- Wide legged jeans
- Sequins – for day and night
- Chunky handcrafted knits
- Oversized silhouettes – especially jackets
- Cowboy boots
- Light coloured/white boots and shoes
- Caramel and autumnal colours in general
As with all trends, find the styles and colours that work for you, your personality, body and lifestyle. There is no need to slavishly follow every trend!
Add a tweak or an update here and there… AND enjoy!
If you need guidance or support with your wardrobe, and would like to discover the autumn winter fashion trends that would be right for you I would love to help